Laboratory in Northern New York State is seeking a full-time CMT / Certified Medical Technologist to add to its clinical/medical laboratory staff.
* COMPENSATION is $58,200.00 based on experience.
* CMT / Certified Medical Technologist JOB TYPE is Contingent to Permanent/Retained Employee, Full-time.
* WORK SCHEDULE for the CMT / Certified Medical Technologist s Monday through Friday, NIGHTS 11:00 PM to 7:00 am. No weekends. No holidays.
* LICENSE, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE - Completion of a Bachelors Degree in MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY and possession of a NYS CMT / Certified Medical Technologist permit or license. If less than one year of work experience ASCP is not required. However, after one year of work experience the MT must possess a ASCP certification along with a current NYS license
* JOB DESCRIPTION for the CMT / Certified Medical Technologist: (Other duties may be assigned):
* Provide accurate testing to include: Blood counts, CBCs, immunology. 40% hematology (including assisting bone marrow room, manual differential, running analyzers). Coagulation, urinalysis, immunoassay, chemistry 20%. No toxicology.
* Prior blood banking experience is required.
* Must be able to perform phlebotomy
* Must be able to work autonomously
* Conduct chemical analyses of body fluids such as blood, urine, and spinal fluid, to determine presence of normal and abnormal components.
* Study blood cells, their numbers, and morphology.
* Perform blood group, type, and compatibility tests for transfusion purposes.
* Analyze test results and enter findings in computer.
* Perform quality control studies to ensure accuracy of clinical data.
* Engage in medical research under direction of chief medical technologist.
* perform routine preventative maintenance on assigned instruments and equipment according to established schedule and procedure.
* Verify instrument functioning by checking and calibrating specific lab instruments and documents data.
* Record on instrument logs any repairs, replacement, and maintenance needed of equipment.
* Train and supervise students as requested by supervisor.
* BENEFITS (Retained/Direct Hire only):
* Extensive accrued paid time off: personal, sick, vacation.
* Ten (10) paid holidays
* Two (2) insurance plans to choose from
* Dental, Life and Supplemental insurances available.
* 401k with 3% match, vested after 6 years; profit sharing of 4% annual wages
* Tuition reimbursement after six months of employment
CALL for more INFORMATION.
ALL INFORMATION IS HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE.