SMV Recruiting has a world-renowned client in the Syracuse who is looking for a Director of Advanced IoT Technology. Our client specializes in residential, commercial and industrial Electrical Wiring Systems. This position will be responsible for setting the technical strategy which will enable the digital transformation of their product line. The position will provide insights and direction into emerging technologies to stay on the cutting edge in the design and development of sensors, hardware electronics, embedded firmware and enterprise software that will connect their devices to the internet.
- Lead and build teams to innovate new IoT solutions/products and enhancements
- Oversee execution of IoT product development and guide the technology strategy while taking a holistic view of the business needs, dynamics of the industry and the marketplace, activities of key competitors and product and service requirements of customer.
- Work closely with internal and external customers to identify needs and product design
- Ensure alignment with executive level stakeholders
- Create, implement and own best practice engineering and software development vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to improve business performance
- Collaborate across design, engineering, software development, product development, customer service, sales & marketing to align product roadmap, prioritize tasks, and remove roadblocks
- Manage resource capacity and project timelines, manage R&D expenses
- Performs other similar and related duties as required
- B.S. degree in Engineering or related technical discipline. Master’s degree a plus.
- 15+ years’ experience in leading an engineering R&D organization
- 8+ years of IoT experience in connecting physical legacy products to the cloud
- 3+ years with Smart Lighting
- Experience in electronics design, embedded firmware development and cloud and mobile app software development
- Understanding of emerging IoT technologies and standards
- History of creating and managing a portfolio of high tech projects, developing & monitoring timelines and on-budget delivery.
- Experience in leading new technology efforts from inception to transition to a customer organization, driving program deliverables, identifying and resolving technical program decisions/issues.
- Ability to create strong partnerships with all functions within a large organization as well as externally
- Able to travel as needed in the US and globally