3 days on- 3 days off (12 hour shifts)
SMV Recruiting is currently working with a well-known, family-owned company in Syracuse, NY who is looking for an industrial Maintenance Mechanic. As a maintenance mechanic, you will provide on-site maintenance for production equipment at their manufacturing facilities in East Syracuse and be tasked with diagnosing, repairing and replacing industrial equipment. If you are open to working in a fast-paced production environment requiring physical labor and not afraid of hard work this is the job for you.
Our client prides themselves on their team of hard-working members of the community and support them with great benefits and incentives. So, if you are looking to be a member of a quality-driven team that is family-based, and encourages great ideas and quality workmanship, please apply.
- Carry out maintenance tasks: install, maintain, and repair automated machinery
- Work in a team or autonomously to complete work orders and provide maintenance support in a high-speed manufacturing environment
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair equipment, disassembling and reassembling of machinery, overhaul gearboxes, and replace bearings, bushings, etc.
- Read blueprints, schematics, and diagrams to determine the method and sequence of assembly of a part, machine, or piece of equipment
- Expedites the reentry of down equipment within a manufacturing environment to working condition
- Repair and calibrate hydraulic and pneumatic assemblies
- Test the performance of electro-mechanical assemblies using test instruments such as multi-meters, volt and amp meters
- Installs electronic parts and hardware, using soldering equipment and hand tools
- Operate, test, program or maintain robotic equipment
- Communicate with both maintenance and production staff on equipment issues
- Adhere to plant safety and sanitation requirements
- Mechanical Engineering degree (strongly preferred)
- Technical trade education, military training or technical college strongly preferred
- 3+ years of relevant work experience required
- Experience with VFD’s, welding, blow molding, conveyors and pumps, as well as pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Knowledge of safety policies and procedures is required
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts, holidays, weekends, and overtime as necessary
- Knowledge of dairy processing, filling and packaging equipment is a plus
- OEM training on dairy equipment such as Evergreen, Sidel, Tetra, Liqui-box, Gen- Pac, Alfa Delaval a plus
- Comprehensive trouble shooting ability and mechanical repair of automation equipment is required
- Guide efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of plant equipment