Orthopedics Practice needs to add a LPN / LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE to its nursing staff immediately.
Previous Orthopedic or Private Practice experience as a LPN / LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE is required.
* Pay rate is between $17.00 and $18.50 based on experience.
LPN / LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE WORK SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Forty (40) hour work week.
* LICENSE and EDUCATION Current CPR, NY LPN license. Graduate of an accredited LPN program. High school diploma or equivalent. Previous medical office LPN / LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE experience is a plus but not required.
* JOB DESCRIPTION for the LPN / LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE:
* Each nurse is assigned to only one provider.
* Surgical scheduling required.
* Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patient.
* Prepare patients emotionally and physically for examination.
* Interview patient and properly record information in the patients charts.
* Not required to measure vital signs such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, height and record the
* Utilize experience and ability to administer injections.
* Competently perform phone triage.
* Call in prescriptions.
* Inventory and order medical supplies and materials.
* Have a working knowledge of medical terms and how they relate to the anatomy of the body.
* Be able to perform routine laboratory tests.
* Clean and sterilize equipment and instruments.
* Be able to prepare a patient's chart and have a working knowledge of the legal do's and dont's in
charting patient information.
* Perform asepsis procedures in applying bandage and tape to minor wounds.
* Have a working knowledge of OSHA Rules and Regulations concerning Universal Precautions. Be able
to perform proper procedures to protect against transmitting or contracting diseases.
* Be aware of Patients Rights, HIPAA, Hazcom Procedures, and National Patient Safety Goals (JCAHO).