Primary Care Practice needs to add a Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN to its nursing staff immediately.
Please phone AMPS, Inc. 315-451-8485 immediately to apply.
Previous Internal Medicine or Family Practice experience is required.
COMPENSATION is $17.00 per hour.
Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN JOB TYPE is Contingent to Permanent (Retained Employee), Full-time. Full benefits package available after 90-120 probationary period.
* Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN WORK SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM. Forty (40) hour work week.
* LICENSE and EDUCATION Current CPR, NY LPN license. Graduate of an accredited LPN program. High school diploma or equivalent. Previous medical office experience is a plus but not required.
* JOB DESCRIPTION for the Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN:
* Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patient.
* Prepare patients emotionally and physically for examination.
* Interview patient and properly record information in the patients charts.
* Measure vital signs such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, height and record the results.
* Utilize experience and ability to administer injections & vaccines.
* Perform throat cultures and respiratory/asthma treatments.
* Competently perform phone triage.
* Call in prescriptions.
* Inventory and order medical supplies and materials.
* Have a working knowledge of medical terms and how they relate to the anatomy of the body.
* Be able to perform routine laboratory tests (predominantly urinalysis).
* Clean and sterilize equipment and instruments.
* Be able to prepare a patient's chart and have a working knowledge of the legal do's and dont's in charting patient information.
* Perform asepsis procedures in applying bandage and tape to minor wounds.
* Have a working knowledge of OSHA Rules and Regulations concerning Universal Precautions. Be able to perform proper procedures to protect against transmitting or contracting diseases.
* Be aware of Patients Rights, HIPAA, Hazcom Procedures, and National Patient Safety Goals (JCAHO).
CALL for more INFORMATION. (315) 451-8585
ALL INFORMATION IS HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE.