SMV Recruiting is currently working with a well-known, company in Syracuse, NY who is looking for a Maintenance Mechanic Supervisor. As a Maintenance Mechanic, you will provide oversight of on-site maintenance for production equipment at their manufacturing facilities in Syracuse and be tasked with supervising a staff of 3-4 and assisting them with diagnosing, repairing and replacing industrial equipment.
Our client prides themselves on their team of hard-working members of the community and support them with great benefits and incentives. So, if you are looking to be a member of a quality-driven team that is family-based, and encourages great ideas and quality workmanship, please apply.
- Overseeing all aspects of facilities and production maintenance at various sites
- Direct and coordinate activities of maintenance personnel
- Responsible for the development of direct reports
- Develops strategic partnerships with manufacturing and EHS areas to ensure their organizations are aligned with reliability/maintenance/project engineering
- Budget, direct, manage and control all repair expense and capital expense projects ensuring all schedules and budgets are met
- Ensure maintenance repairs and troubleshooting of all food processing and packaging equipment is performed properly
- Ensures maintenance is following its strategic plan and makes the necessary adjustments to keep on the right track
- Be proactive to ensure continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial/manufacturing, engineering or related field
- 5+ years of management experience
- 3+ years of experience with production line equipment and operations
- 3+ of experience with boilers, ammonia refrigeration, air compressors, HVAC, sprinkler systems, and electrical systems
- Experience in logic controllers, instruments and controls
- Technical training or electrical/mechanical technician degree strongly preferred