Experienced PHLEBOTOMIST / PBT (minimum of 150 diverse draws) needed ASAP for a various settings and locations within Central New York. NEW PHLEBOTOMY POSITIONS ARE ADDED DAILY.
* COMPENSATION for PHLEBOTOMIST / PBT ranges from $13.00 to $16.00 per hour based on experience
* JOB TYPE is Contingent to Permanent/Retained Employee, Full-time.
* WORK SCHEDULE for the PHLEBOTOMIST / PBT will require employee to work flexible hours between the hours of 8am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday. 40 hour work week. No weekends, No holidays, No evenings, No nights.
* EXPERIENCE required of the PHLEBOTOMIST / PBT is a minimum of 150 documented human draws are required along with an explanation of the level of difficulty and diversity of the draws.
* JOB DESCRIPTION for PHLEBOTOMIST / PBT:
* Perform a variety of routine blood draws (venipuncture) procedures.
* Utilize standard equipment such as vacutainer tubes and sleeves, tourniquets, syringes and butterfly needles.
* Interact directly with patients to obtain information for patient records, explain procedures, allay fears, and elicit cooperation.
* Utilizes standard procedures for the maintenance of positive patient identification
* Record appropriate collection information in accordance with established protocol.
* Process, labels, and stores blood samples for subsequent analysis.
* Maintain inventory of supplies, reordering as required; stocks supplies on carts and hand trays.
* Perform various quality control procedures to maintain compliance with internal and external regulations.
* Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
* Ability to perform ALL standard phlebotomy procedures and techniques.
* Knowledge of appropriate blood processing and handling procedures.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Ability to accurately complete and maintain administrative documents and records.
* Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
* Ability to understand and follow specific clinical protocol, specifications, and procedures.
* Knowledge of relevant clinical and patient care regulations, policies, procedures, and standards.
* Knowledge of sterile procedures.
* May require physical effort including lifting up to 25 pounds and some extended periods of standing or walking.
PHLEBOTOMIST / PBT:
CALL (315) 451-8585 for more INFORMATION.
ALL INFORMATION IS HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE.