Electrical Product Support Representative
SMV Recruiting, LLC is looking for an Electrical Product Support Representative to work in the Syracuse, NY area. This is an awesome opportunity with outstanding benefits and growth potential. In this role, you will work under an awesome boss, provide primary point of contact for all product related support requests and general product questions. Assist in providing product related feedback to the technical support management, engineering or manufacturing in support of current and future product design. Develop advanced product knowledge to support more complex customer calls and to train or teach others how to work with, install and configure products. This is NOT a sales position and you will be working on an established team, that runs very smoothly. This role will be supporting the west coast, so the hours will be from 11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. Monday- Friday.
About Our Client:
Our client is a global, publicly-traded company listed on the Euronext with 35,000+ employees worldwide, $5 billion in annual revenue and is listed on the Forbes Global 2000 as one of the world’s best employers. They offer distinctive benefits like high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity leave, paid time off to volunteer, etc. Our client is extremely employee-centered, growth company with tremendous opportunity.
- Assist the customer in understanding applicable products, components and systems for products by means of phone and email for a wide range of customers
- Provide detailed product related support covering the installation, operation, maintenance, trouble shooting and integration with third party products the customer
- Design, layout and configure a bill of materials covering complete product solutions for customers and sales/marketing teams
- Create clear and detailed documentation based on support related activities and monitor product related problems to ensure a timely resolution
- Monitor support activity trends for product issues and new product development opportunities to create a detailed problem resolution/solution report that can be passed to Engineering Development team
- Attend trade shows to assist with set up and maintenance of products displayed on the trade show booth
- Participate in design verification testing for new products and applications as part of the new products development team
- Provide on-site support to resolve outstanding product issues
- Position requires some travel
- Performs other similar and related duties as required.
- Associates Degree in Electronics (or a related field)
- 3+ years call center experience answering technical calls for product support
- Demonstrated knowledge of products, utilization, installation, specifications and codes/standards associated with the industry
- Strong organizational and time management skills, close attention to detail and be able to effectively handle multiple priorities
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify trends and establish proactive corrective actions
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills and a strong customer orientation
- Strong skills at troubleshooting control scenarios and wiring of control systems over the telephone
- Strong computer skills, proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, e-mail and meeting management software
- Ability to use internet and web based resources efficiently and effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and be able to communicate effectively and act as a technical resource across the organization and with customers